Saturday 3 January 2009

Partner in CRIME

So I've officially been in Niger for a year and a day today! How about that? And I'm in the same town today that I drove into a year ago from Nigeria.
I drove Melissa home yesterday from my town because she was with Susan and I for the New Year. So we came back yesterday and I made my way here to check my email and write a short blog.

Things are going good. I have been sick with a bad cold these last few weeks but I think that I've finally kicked it out of my system. I also went to Niamey last week for one night to pick up the truck that the mission has given me to use! I will have it until I leave in 4 months and it's a blessing to be able to travel everyday to my villages and not have to take bush taxis or ask Susan for rides. I can now do things on my own schedule and it makes it a lot easier.

Please pray for Karissa right now. She informed me this week that the Niger Embassy never got her passport and visa application. So her and her parents got everything together over New Year's and they are having to express everything to have it done in time for her to leave on the 13th (Which is very expensive).Please pray that the Lord will be in this and she will have her passport and visa by next Saturday when they are saying she should get it in the mail.

In the next week and a half before Karissa gets here I'm going to be studying Fulfulde a bit more and doing more Bible story translations along with visiting my villages. Things seem to be coming along nicely. I just CAN'T wait til she gets here! It will be like I have a partner in crime (ministry)!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog, Anna. I am surprised, don't know why, but I am, that you turned out to be such a gifted writer, from the heart. Of course, we all knew God had big plans for you. Keep up the work, Girl!!

Anonymous said...

OK, don't know why it didn't tell you who I was, but this is Debi Govero, or aka, momgovero, on blogspot. Yea, I have one too. Kelly's moving home from Texas, did she tell you yet?

Anonymous said...

Anna, I'm so happy Karissa will be there soon. I'm also glad that you are feeling better. I miss you and I'm enjoying your blogs. Take care! - amy

Rachel Wallace said...

I can't believe you've been there a year! It seems like not so long ago you were telling me of how God was moving you. I love you and can't wait to see your beautiful face when you get home!
Rachel W

Dana said...

awww... i wanna be serving there with you girls so bad!!! i'll be praying and supporting you from way over here... i love you more than you will ever know.