Sunday 19 October 2008

Giraffe Pictures

While I take my time in getting up the latest blog (I'm really tired after a ton of travel and last minute things in S. Africa) I'm going to post giraffe pictures for you guys! I'm also putting up a picture of Emily who lives in Abidjan. She's the one that took care of me during my much too long layover in Abidjan on my way to S. Africa...

How cool is that!

This is me with the giraffes

Me and Susan with the giraffes. Pretty good photography skills going on here... I put my camera on top of the termite mound and turned the timer on! You can see the termite mound in the picture of me with the giraffes.

This was taken when we were back at the truck and the giraffes were doing their own thing. This was also the time that the man was trying to talk to me in Hausa and to Susan in French...

This is Tara and Emily. Tara is on the left and she's the Journeyman who's house I moved into when I moved to Niger. She ended her term in Niger in March and went to Mali. Her term in Mali ended in August.
Sweet Emily is on the right and is living in Abidjan. Thanks Emily for helping me get out of Ivory Coast!


Another blog is coming soon - stayed tuned!

2 comments:

Rachel Wallace said...

Looks like the giraffe encounter went a lot better than the elephant encounter :)

Rach

Anonymous said...

Love the giraffes! Love you too! - amy